This tutorial will guide you through the process of assigning a contact owner in HubSpot based on a scheduled meeting. If a contact schedules a meeting with a team member, we will natively set that team member as the contact owner using HubSpot's new features.
You can view the walkthrough video here:
- A HubSpot account
- Basic knowledge of HubSpot's workflow functionalities
- Log into your HubSpot account.
- Navigate to the workflow section.
- Choose to create a new workflow from scratch.
contact-based workflow and start with a blank workflow.
- Click on the enrollment trigger section.
- Add filter criteria based on form submissions.
- Scroll and select the relevant form, for our example, we use
round robin test form. Add any other relevant forms that you want this to work for.
- Navigate to re-enrollment and turn on
re-enrollment if you'd like this workflow to run every time the meeting link is submitted for a contact. This ensures the workflow runs anytime the chosen form is submitted.
- Save the changes
- Now, the goal is to copy the meeting scheduler (team member) to the contact owner property.
- Go to the workflow's actions and select
copy property value.
- As the needed data might not be available in standard objects, we'll edit available data sources.
4. Edit Available Data:
edit available data and then
add data source.
- Scroll down or search for
meeting and select it.
- For refining the meeting records, choose
by activity under the dropdown.
- For the this situation, pick
most recently updated since it's triggered by a form submission.
Note: If you have other workflows that run and create activity on the timeline, this could cause an issue. For our example we don't have any other automations that are adding other activities to the timeline, so we know that the relevant meeting will be the last one on the timeline.
- Now, under the copy property section, choose the property or value as
activity assigned to. This represents the team member the meeting was scheduled with.
- Set the destination property as
- Note: This setup is versatile. You can copy the value to different properties such as Setter, Closer, Account Manager, or any other User property by adjusting the trigger form or branching out based on the form submission.
- To ensure the workflow functions correctly, run a test contact through it using the Test functionality in the workflow.
- You can even try this with a test contact by manually enrolling a test contact who has scheduled the specficied meeting. It will copy the value from the meeting and set it to the contact owner, as expected.
Now, whenever someone books a meeting using the selected form (like a round robin), HubSpot will automatically assign the contact owner based on the person they're scheduled to meet. This automation streamlines contact management and ensures accurate data alignment.
HubSpot has a lot of great functionality that makes it easy to use. This is a missed feature that we can workaround to make the platform better.
If you have any questions, reach out to email@example.com.